When it comes to your property, investing in premier landscaping and hardscaping services can help keep your exterior beautiful and make it stand out. It can also add value to your residential property. That’s why the team of hardscape landscaping experts from Dracut Landscaping has collected some of the ways adding hardscape features to your property can increase your home value here!
Can Hardscape Landscaping Increase My Home Value?
As mentioned above, adding the right hardscaping features can increase the value of your home. It’s estimated that hardscape landscaping can increase your property value by up to 20%, which can be quite a rise. For multi-million dollar homes, it can even offer more of a return on your investment because potential homebuyers will expect your home’s interior to match its exterior in terms of beauty and aesthetics. Additionally, the right hardscaping features can also expand the usable square footage of your home.
What Hardscape Landscaping Features will Add the Most Value?
There are a number of hardscaping projects that will increase your home value such as:
- Awnings: Features like awnings that offer shade on hotter/sunnier days can provide protection from the elements and make outdoor sitting/dining areas even more comfortable.
- Decks & Patios: Decks and patios will provide more usable square footage for your home and a cozy place to relax outdoors and entertain guests. These are a must-have feature to your home to enjoy the great New England summer days.
- Outdoor Kitchens: Like decks and patios, outdoor kitchens expand your usable square footage in addition to providing an added appeal for those that like to dine outdoors with family and friends. Imagine how nice it would be to connect your gas grill to your house’s gas or propane system and have an outdoor sink. Some homes even have outdoor TVs. Even in New England, where summers are shorter outdoor living spaces are becoming more common.
- Pergolas: Not only are pergolas or trellis aesthetically appealing, but they can also create shade on sunnier days and balance the softscaping features in your yard. Imagine sitting on a nice bench under your trellis and enjoying your favorite book.
- Fire Pit: A small addition to your backyard by adding a fire pit to tell stories and enjoy some s’mores during the evening hours. You can add an inflatable movie screen to enjoy your favorite flick outside by the fire.
How Hardscape Landscaping Offers Added Value?
For potential homebuyers, hardscaping features provide an added appeal to your home. They can easily imagine themselves enjoying a dinner outdoors or relaxing on the patio on nice days. Essentially, many of the hardscape landscaping features mentioned above will create extra room outdoors for homeowners to enjoy, thus increasing your property’s curb appeal.